Monday, September 17, 2007

"Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?" Job 38:2 My Writing Process

For me specifically, the writing process is sort of like a game, a game that includes many pieces. Writing for me use to be difficult. It was boring and something I just did not want to deal with. There was so much involved in the process. Now as a junior in college, writing has become entertaining, because I am able to express myself through several of the papers required for certain classes. As explained in several other notations, when I start to write, there are several things that have to be in place. I love writing in my room, because it is so peaceful and I am able to concentrate a little better on what I am actually trying to write. In Lindemann’s text, it asks us to remember a piece that was recently written, it did not have to be a paper, but something simple, for example, a shopping list, “what prompt you to do the writing?” When relating to a shopping list, most of the time, it is written, so that there is some memory of what is suppose to be purchased once in the store. Writing is a source for noting. According to James A. Reither's article "Writing and Knowing: Toward Redefining the Writing Process, "to belong to a discourse community is to belong to a knowledge communty-an "inquiry community"; and the ways things are talked or written about are no vital than the content of what's talked and written about." He further states "ordinary people write to inform and convince other people in the writer's own community..." (624). The writing process in general can be difficult depending on what is actually being written. I first related to a shopping list as a source of memory, but when writing a research paper or an important email, there is more thought put into it. A research paper includes serveral important sources, correct grammar, few errors and extensive thought. An email on the other hand may be something quite brief, however using correct grammar with few errors. Writing does not express itself as much as word, so most of the time there has to be expressive word included in it.

No comments: