Monday, December 3, 2007

Last But Certainly Not Least: The FInal Thought

Its the last blog of the year and it is time to reminisce. Over the course of the semester, I have learned so many different valuable points. Topics ranging from how to teach an effective lesson to how to teach a student that does not speak any English. Several points that really stood out to me were the importance of feedback, teaching a foreign student and more than ever preventing plagiarism in the classroom. Preventions of plagiarism are important because it was my research topic in which I focused on all semester. Learning that feedback played an important in students’ writing did not occur to me until there was a video clip played in class about it. This course has helped me to better understand the concept of teaching and how important it is to make connections with the students in the classroom that will last for a lifetime. As a future educator, I will definitely use the tools given to me in this class to use in my classroom. Composition Studies has given me so much knowledge on being an effective teacher. This class, I thought was very important for me, especially since I am so close to actually being in the classroom. My students will greatly appreciate what I will have to give them.

No comments: