Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Commenting....

In response to teacher commenting, I have come to realize that some comments are useful and others are not. My fear of commenting is that students will not take me seriously. On a high school level, you have to motivate a students to write the actual paper, so commenting on their papers may not bother them, however for the students who are concern with their writing, the feedback will give them a chance to look over their papers, correct the errors and turn the paper back in for a better grade.
In previous reading journals and blog prompts, I discussed the importance of revision becuase of the research that I dealt with for plagiarism. Giving the student feedback about his or own her work reduces the act of plagiarism and increases the student's chances for recieving better grades. With the expansion of the internet, more and more students are turning in works of others. It is important that the teacher catchs these types errors as they review all of the students work. One thing I will point out in my classroom is the importance of reviewing the feedback presented to the students on his or her papers. It is important for them to understand the comments so that they can have a well-detailed paper.

No comments: