Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Game is On...But There is No One Paying Attention!

Summary: McClure refers to collaborative learning in many ways that other teachers would do so. It is hard to get students to help one another out in group work, because once they are together they are more than likely going to talk about something that does not have anything to do with the topic at hand. McClure mentions teacher who attempt to play that "rough" role to get students to pay attention to what they are doing, but what good would being "tough" or "rough" if the student isn't learning anything. Collaborative learning is not an easy task and many educators can relate to that.

Response: From past experiences to present time, I had to participate in groups that are not as focused as I am about the assignment. Most of the time, the group and I end up discussing several other things that are totally not on topic. As a future educator, I believe that collaborative learning will be one of my more difficult tasks to deal with, especially when working with high school student. There are several technique that would be of good use, I just have to figure out which one would be best.

No comments: