Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"THE THOUGHT OF REVISION"

The thought of revison really scares me. It is nearing towards the end of the semeter and teachers are beginning to return drafts back to students with "the red pen" comments describing what students should do differently so the paper could be better. Some students to not even have to deal with this, because their paper may just need a few words added or taken away. The idea of turning a paper in scares me. I had to turn in a paper for one of my professor with no clue of what he expected. He told the class what he wanted in the paper, how he wanted it set up and the due date. There was no rough draft to be turn in, no annotated bibilography, nor how he was going to grade it, just what he wanted in it. It was stressful because he not know how I orginially wrote made me think that he would not look at the paper with the thought that "this young lady normally has difficult to writing, so let me see what I can help her with now." Revision is so important for me because it lets me know my mistakes and it five me the oppotunity to build off of them.
I know in the previous blog prompt, the class was asked to dicuss the assignment rationale and what would I change about it. After looking over the assignment various times, I actually felt relief because I was able to go in and change the errors that Fornes had pointed out to me.
Revision is very important in writing because students are able to enhance their writing skills

No comments: