Monday, October 1, 2007

Writing Assignment...?

Thinking back to English 101 my freshman year, that class consisted of so many writing assignments. It helped my writing in so many ways because my teacher was behind me guiding me the entire way through all the papers. As a junior now, I am required to turn in a junior writing portfolio that will be judged on how much my writing has developed. When relating to the content, the junior portfolio asks each student to collect several papers that were well written and write about why there were chosen to be apart of the portfolio. As stated earlier, it works as a piece of writing that is judged according to how much my writing has grown in two years. As far as its meaning, the portfolio really is not that meaningful, except if someone fails it. the portfolio must receive a grade of C or better to pass. If not, then the 201 class, Writing to the University is to be taken. Over the two years there are several assignments that professor issue to help students gain writing skills. With these assignments, they can be used to build a very detailed portfolio, with the many papers that are written, it also helps students to gain reading skills because they read their papers to make sure that there are limited grammatical errors and spelling errors. English 101 and 102 are classes that help build more knowledge of the correct way of writing, with this knowledge a well, written portfolio will be produced.

No comments: